An example of the inside of a Goat House in Sarawak. Many farmers in Sarawak do not practice letting their Goats out to graze regularly during the day. We ourself do just that where our Goats are let out during the late morning until evening to graze on any one of the assigned outdoor paddocks.
An example of Sheep in a Sarawak goat house. Yes, not a pretty sight. Very very few farmers take the effort to shear their sheep ever.
This is in response to an email received which asked about the responsibilities for various parties concerned in importing from Australia. Here is a general outline.
WE THE AUSTRALIAN SELLER
- We will meet all the specifications of the purchaser.
- Ear Tagging of all Animals for export – different to farm tags to save confusion – not on Slaughter Protocol
- Management on Isolation farm including all feeding costs etc (as directed by Shipper and/or Client)
- Labour on blood test farm to handle animals yards to handle goats for initial bleed and/or treatments
- Labour to load animals onto the Truck to Airport
- Truck from Selection Farm to Isolation Farm (should be NIL if located at ISOLATION farm already)
- Pregnancy testing of Animals as/if and when required
- Isolation for up to 7 days if required prior to Export Weighing of Animals and advising of weights to Shipper
- Supply and application of internal Worming treatments
- Supply and application of External Parasite treatment
- Tag list of all animals same day as completion of blood test.
- Veterinary Labour Expense and Blood test at Isolation farm
- Supply and application of Vaccinations with Glanvac 6 and Amoxicillin/Oxytetracycline as required
- Blood test expense for all animals i.e. Lab Expense (additional if on breeder protocol)
- Truck From Isolation farm to Airport for flight
- Disinfection of Truck for transport to flight
SHIPPER (OR WE)
- Approval of Holding Farm for export as holding facility
- Vet Instructions for First treatment
- Vet Instructions for Final Treatments
- AQIS inspection prior to flight at farm or at airport
- Travel Crates for the Flight Management/Guidance of entire process post selection to arrival at foreign airport
- Export License fee and applicable processes – and audit processes as applicable Export Tag fees to DAFF
- Groom to accompany animals to foreign Airport and to assist in unloading and delivery
- Prepare AWB and fax across to the customer for pre-clearance.
- Flight space and freight expense Australia to Foreign airport
YOU THE CLIENT
- Any fees incurred at airport of Destination in relation to loading of trucks and customs clearance
- Any fees incurred at airport of Destination delivery from Airport to destination farm
- Payment 100% SEVEN days prior to shipment
- Collection of animals at airport of Destination
- Clearance of Customs at Airport of Destination
- Import Permit from Ministry of Agriculture 7 days prior to export (this is only valid for 30 -60 days generally)
- Total responsibility of animals once the aircraft lands at the destination airport. Insurance of all animals from time of selection to time of unloading of aircraft
NOTE – Delays caused by you, the consignee due to permit arrival or payment delay – will and may incur further charges for adjisment or flight charges